The Futurity is open to all Borzoi puppies, bred by a BCOA member, whelped
within a certain period of time preceding the BCOA National Specialty
and meeting certain requirements.
- Breeder of nominated litter must be a BCOA member in good standing
and must remain as such throughout the duration of the Futurity.
- Bitches must be nominated after they are bred and before whelping,
for a fee of $5.00.
- The owner or agent of the bitch must nominate the AKC registrable
Borzoi litter, whelped to the nominated bitch, within 30 days after
whelping, for a fee of $10.00.
- To continue in the Futurity, each puppy from the nominated litter
(but not necessarily all puppies from the litter) must be individually
nominated by their owners at the age of three months and re-nominated
every three months there after for the fee of $5.00 for each puppy
nomination. Owner need not be a BCOA member.
- Nominated puppies that will be under 24 months at the following BCOA
Futurity are eligible for that Futurity by continuing the three-month
re-nomination. Classes for the Futurity range from six months to under
24 months of age.
- Puppy nominations not paid by the due date will be assessed a $1.00
penalty fee. Nominations delinquent more than 30 days will be considered
The Futurity judging will be held during the BCOA National Specialty,
as a BCOA event.
The judge names will be submitted by the breeders of the nominated
puppies that are still nominated at the end of the Futurity period. There
shall be only one nomination per breeder/co-breeder regardless of number
of litters. Definition of breeder shall be the person signing and submitting
the Bitch nomination form.
Breeders may submit the name of any person in good standing with the
AKC who has bred or co-bred a minimum of one litter and does NOT fall
into the following categories:
- Breeder/Co-Breeder of a nominated litter.
- Owner/Co-Owner of a Stud Dog that sired a nominated litter
- Owner/Co-Owner of a puppy for a nominated litter.
The Futurity judge shall be selected by two secret mail votes of the
breeders of the nominated puppies, from those names submitted by the
breeders. First ballot - one vote per litter. Second ballot - one vote
per breeder/co-breeder regardless of number of litters. Ballots will
be counted by a independent tabulator. Judge shall be contacted in the
order of the greatest number of votes until one has accepted.